The Seven Elements
The Seven Elements represent a strategic business development recipe. It describes the ingredients necessary for prospective clients to buy your professional or expert services.
- A prospective client needs to be aware of you.
- A prospect must understand what you do and how you can help them.
- In order to have sufficient interest, your capabilities must address your prospective client’s priorities.
- A prospect must respect your work and believe you can do the job.
- A prospective client must trust that you will have their best interests at heart.
- A prospect must have the authority and ability to engage.
- The timing must be right. That is, a prospect must be ready.
The Self-assessment Survey
Take the self-assessment to gauge your strengths relative to other professional and expert services firms. We estimate that it will take you less than 10 minutes to complete.
The self-assessment consists of the following components:
- You’ll be asked to categorize the nature of your services.
- You’ll be prompted to evaluate the degree to which you agree with 3 to 5 statements regarding each of the Seven Elements.
- We’ll ask a handful of profile questions that will enable us to develop relevant benchmarks.
We will keep your answers confidential and will only disclose aggregated or anonymized information. Your complete and honest responses will help us provide effective feedback.